For Immediate Release: January 4th, 2022
Victoria, BC – The Bateman Gallery is moving back to a set ticket cost.
It is no surprise that covid has had a huge financial impact on the cultural sector. In June of 2020 the Bateman Gallery removed its set admission cost and opened its doors to admission by donation. This was done to create greater access to the community during a time of great stress and unknown; it was our way to help alleviate some stress.
Starting January 2022, the Bateman Gallery is moving back to a set admission cost to provide better financial stability for the Foundation. The Foundation is committed to continuing it’s mission to build relationships with nature through art and we can ensure longevity by using our admission dollars to support our staff and operational costs. We understand that a set ticket cost poses a barrier to some marginalized groups so the Gallery has added two late nights openings by donation along with other admission by donation days.
- Starting In January 2022, all Thursday nights will become Late Nights. The gallery will remain open until 7:00pm and admission will be by donation.
- On Tuesday we will have Well-being Tuesdays. The gallery will continue to be open until 7:00pm, admission will be by donation and visitors will have the opportunity to participate in free Well-being activities.
- Opening Saturdays for new exhibits will be admission by donation.
- Statutory Holidays and Robert Bateman’s Birthday will be admission by donation.
- Community Days sponsored by funders and various grants will be admission by donation.
The gallery is open Tuesday – Saturday 10:00am – 4:00pm. Admission prices are as follows:
Adults: $10.00 (+ tax)
Seniors /Students: $8.50 (+ tax)
Youth (5-16): $6.00 (+ tax)
Child (0-5): FREE
Family (up to 5 people): $24.00 (+ tax)